Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pumpkin Pie Quinoa

I made something that I think might be my new favorite thing to eat, ever!

Pumpkin Pie Quinoa!

I mixed about 1/2-3/4 cup pumpkin puree with a tablespoon of brown rice syrup, about a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice, and about a 1/4 cup unsweetened soymilk. This alone would make an awesome sweet pumpkin soup/pudding snack or dessert. But to ramp up the filling-ness and nutrition factor- I poured it over cooked quinoa for breakfast.



As I was preparing it the night before I had to force myself to stop eating the pumpkin mixture so there would be something leftover for breakfast! I am such a fan of anything pumpkin and have been really craving it lately. Fall will do that to ya, right? This would be good over any cooked grain you like.

6 comments:

  1. mmm, I wanna try this. I have some leftover pumpkin puree in the fridge right now. I also LOVE anything pumpkin. This looks like a great healthy and tasty breakfast also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like it has brown sugar on it too, does it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elilai! Nope- the only sweetener I used was the brown rice syrup- which is new to me, but is my new obsession, I think. It is soo good, I have to keep myself from just eating it with a spoon! It would be good with brown sugar, I'm sure, or agave syrup, too. :)

    I'm eating this right now, but with brown rice instead of the quinoa. I think I might like it even better with rice. Also, I like it better if the ration is higher on the pumpkin and less on the grain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I just looked at a close up pic and realized that it is the quinoa that I thought was brown sugar. HAHA! I need to try that brown rice syrup. I usually use agave or maple right now :) I need to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious! I LOVE pumpkin, too, and am quite the fan of pumpkin oatmeal, so I'm sure I'd adore this.

    ReplyDelete