Sunday, July 5, 2009

Tiffin To The Rescue!


Yay- my new Tiffin! I've been wanting one of these for a while and I found a great deal on ebay and it is only coming from Berkley so I should get it super fast!

Here is the description if you aren't familiar with one:

This 3-tier Stainless Steel Tiffin Set (a nifty lunch box system that hails from India) is reusable, lightweight, and has a lid with a fold down handle that doubles as a plate. The self-latching top container lets you use the top unit solo for snacks or smaller meals, or as a trio! It also comes with a sidekick tiffin, great for dressings or sauces. Great for both cold or hot food, and the planet, too. Dimensions: 6 3/4" H x 5 1/2” D; Liquid: 2 cups (top & middle units), 2.5 cups (bottom unit). To-Go Ware is part of the Green America Green Business Network, recognized as socially and environmentally responsible company, doing well by people and the planet.

Since I take my lunch to work pretty much daily, this will be awesome. I try to use as little disposable stuff as possible for my lunches, but sometimes I end up having to use a ziploc baggie or a paper sack- I always reuse them a bunch of times, but eventually you gotta toss/recycle 'em...

The other item I'm loving lately is my SnackTaxi. I actually have two of the sandwhich sized ones and they are great for sandwiches (obviously), muffins, toast, fruit or veggies or anything you can fit in them. I plan to use both my SnackTaxis and the Tiffin together and never use a disposable item for my packed lunches again! :) I bought my Snack Taxis at Fresh & Green in Bakersfield, CA, a truly fab eco-lifestyle store that everyone should visit!

I have one kinda like this and also one that is camo but the camo shapes are actually animals! I'll post a pic of that one some time. My fab friend Anna gave that one to me, because she loves me.


No comments:

Post a Comment