Sunday, June 28, 2009

is there anything better than home made pizza??? maybe blueberry muffins.

I made both today! I used a pre-made multi grain crust- first time I've tried this kind (Rustic Crust) and it was thin and super crispy just like I like it. I brushed a touch of olive oil over the crust, spooned on just enough organic marinara sauce and then spread it with red and gold bell pepper strips that I had sauteed with fresh garlic. The finishing touch- some pineapple chunks.



When I was a little kid I had a serious dairy allergy so my parents would always order half of our pizza (or an extra one) with no cheese for me. I loved it that way and when I eventually "grew out" of my allergy (that clearly never happened since I get a major mucous overload anytime I eat a significant amount of it) I would pull off nearly all the cheese on a traditional pizza. I've always been grossed out by melted cheese... luckily, I won't have to worry about that anymore. :) So far I haven't found a vegan cheese that I like (except the Eat in the Raw Parma), so I'm happy to do without.

I'll talk about the muffins tomorrow. They deserve their own post.

No comments:

Post a Comment